Information We Collect
You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular we collect it for the following reasons:
- To fulfil your order. We may get in touch with you by email or phone if we have questions regarding your order (such as confirmation of personalisation details).
- Internal record keeping.
- We keep certain information as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate business interests and lawful obligations as a Ltd. company.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- To comply with UK tax law.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Online selling platforms. If you order through Notonthehighstreet, we use the information provided by these third parties for the fulfilment of your order only. We may contact you during the order process with questions relating to your order.
We retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services and to fulfil our legitimate business interests and lawful obligations, which may be up to 10 years or longer, depending on the item.
The data will keep includes your order form, contact details and email correspondence regarding your order. We may also be required to share some of this information to comply with our legal, regulatory and tax obligations If at any time you feel that there is an issue with the way Shona Jewellery handles your data then you can contact the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
Data Protection Law means that you have extensive rights regarding the collection, storage and use of your data.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you have the following rights as an individual regarding your data:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you would like to find out more about these rights, or if you would like to report a breach of them then you can contact the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) or call their helpline on 0303 123 1113. Further contact details for the ICO can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/helpline/
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. We may be required to store data for legal reasons such as our company tax obligations.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the below address.
How to Contact Shona Jewellery
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Shona Jewellery I am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at:
Shona Jewellery Studio 15 1103 Argyle Street Glasgow G3 8ND